I’m deliberately not sitting on my hands doing nothing, and I’m still planning on having a Maravan in November unless Boris bans it.
The current situation is that I have only one significant expense which needs to be covered by me well in advance of race day, which is medals.
Having mopped up the overspend from last year (late decisions to provide professional medical cover and live timing), I’m on my way to being able to cover the costs of medals as well, which is fantastic news.
To make it a bit less of a gamble on my part, I’ll reuse the mould from this year, but do a different colour, but I need to decide on whether to put the year on the ribbons or use an alternative method to signify the year. Remember that there’s never been any profit in this event, so I bankroll any shortfall myself.
In an ideal world, I’d have gone and placed an order at Docks Beers nice and early as well, to give support to this wonderful local company, but with the weather having been like it has been recently I’m not completely sure I’d have kept it out of my mouth.
Day 1 of the Maravan is now at 15, so for those of you who wait for an event to cross that magic threshold, get your entries in now.
I have plans to deal with social distancing if it is required in November, but obviously, they’ll come at cost to me, so I’d rather wait and see what I need to do. Obviously, everyone’s safety is paramount, so I’ll do whatever it takes to put on a safe event.